Friday, June 22, 2012

First Post

Malcolm almost got kicked out....alright alright that's joke. But he did get a stern talking to, and well i was there for half of it. Leaving a friend behind though with the possibility of them getting in trouble is sweat inducing, but the phrase "Matt you are free to go," is relieving. Malcolm's opening post was a great introduction but very serious which doesn't represent what every post will be like. Today in my backpack Journalism class we took the metro back to Dupont circle to film some more. Carrying all our equipment around wasn't as bad today as it was only 95 degrees instead of a heat index of 105 yesterday. My first idea was to get more shots of Sweetgreen, but their manager wouldn't let me so I had to go to my back up plan at BGR and toss out all my footage from the day before. I met a women from Raleigh in BGR though. Represent! She went to NCSU where my mom went and went to HS near my old school. I know I know it's not really that cool but out of all the people I could have ran into it was her. My amateur mistake of the day is when I was interviewing people and they would laugh on camera I couldn't control my laughter. I mean I don't blame them if I was being interviewed I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face. Helen interviewed a musician today from Fayetteville NC, a little town about 45 mins from Raleigh, but he was born in Trinidad and Tobago and man oh man could he play those drums. Oh wait wait Malcolm just told me that we need to go to bed. This is a first. I am normally telling him to shut up so I can get some sleep. I'm not done with my post but I have to jump on this opportunity. You know I love my sleep. "I'm Malcolm Anderson, and I'm Matt Barrier and we're reporting live from the Newseum."

No comments:

Post a Comment