Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summarization of Events

The past few days have been so busy it is crazy. So here goes.

Recently, I went to the holocaust museum and was awed once again by the egregious acts committed. I was privileged enough to go in one of the actual carts and I just marveled at it all. No words can really describe the experience. You have to go yourself to get what it is about.
After that, I ways able I visit historic Georgetown and see why everyone wants to go to G. U. I visited my Iraq real Vineyard Vines and picked up the fratty style Matt has so graciously influenced upon me. I love that store. Finished that trip off with a Five guys burger and I was good to go.
We ended (I think) with a newsroom simulation where we had to put together a breaking news news package. I ended up being the sort of producer of my group. Talk about stress filled adrenaline rush! We had to do press conferences, interviews, news articles, social media applications. It was crazy. It was about some fake company having an oil pipe burst off the New Orleans coast. It was pretty fun.
The next day, I spent half the day in the Hirshhorn museum which was displaying a 'supersensorial' exhibit. It was trippy and awesome. I could have spent the entire day there. Then I ended up running back to my bus group eating French fries and still keeping a pretty good mile pace.
We went back and finished our articles for our classes and then to dinner and off to all the Washington Monumentd at night which was a hundred times better than seeing them during the day. It was great. So serene and just awesome.
The next day was leadership stuff an then our last class and then a whole motivational speech on living in the moment, which was quite relevant at the time. I got up and said what 'I had discovered' but was interrupted by a freak lymph node pulsation. Kind of killed the mood.
That was followed up by the coorespondents dance which was great. Then today, I had to say goodbye to all those who have changed me so much and especially say goodbye to the one and only Matt Barrier, who is a replica of me from Raliegh, NC.
And as I ride the Acela Express to 30th Street Station from Union Station, it's not the guy spilling his diet Pepsi all over himself, waking himself up or the fact that foreigners don't realized how loudly they talk on the phone. And it is not the fact that I only got to have one advice filled, quesadilla and burrito surrounded meal with one of my favorite cousins because of the nonexistent free time I had and restrictions on traveling off campus that were in place (Cactus Cantina, best freaking quesadilla I have had. Period end of story.) It is the fact I won't be able to see all the amazing leaders I has come I know as my friends over the past 11 days when I wake up tomorrow. But I am not sad, more disappointed.
Nevertheless, the National Student Leadership Conference at American University in Washington, D.C. was the best experience I have had in too long a time. Thank you everybody.
Now it is time to return to the City of Brotherly Love and it's suburbs to enjoy a real cheesesteak. Oh how I have missed them.

Be Seeing You

"That which can be counted does not always count, but that which counts can't always be counted."

No comments:

Post a Comment